I recently published an article on the top 13 websites to use for your job search. And although these are great sites they are by no means the only websites available for job seekers to use. There are many smaller niche sites that focus on specific industries or companies. One such website is the GPG Professional Job Centre, which advertises positions available with the Gauteng Provincial Government.
If you are currently seeking new employment it may be worth your while to check out what vacancies the Gauteng Province has to offer. Assuming you stay in Gauteng of course. This article will give you a detailed explanation on how to use the GPG Professional job centre website and answer some common questions users might have.
What is the GPG Professional Job Centre?
This is a simple job board that the Gauteng Province Provincial Government uses to advertise any job vacancies they have available. The website is free to use for anyone and you do not need to register to view the vacancies, although you will need to register a profile with the site if you want to apply.
How to get started?
1) Visit the Gauteng Provincial Government Jobs Website.
To get started you will first need to visit the GPG jobs website. You can click here to visit the website now.
2) Register on the GPG Professional Job Centre
In order to get started, you will first need to register an account on the website. The registration process is extremely simple and you should have no issues. Start by clicking on the “Register Profile” button which is located just below the “Home” button in the blue menu on the left of the webpage.
Now a registration form will open which you need to complete and submit. That’s it. You will now be able to apply for vacancies on the site.
3) How to apply for jobs?
- Log into the website using your ID number and password.
- Click the “Browser Jobs” button located in the blue menu on the left of the webpage, and search by department. You can also use the search bar located directly below the blue menu on the left.
- The search results will display a job title, and reference number, the annual salary and the closing date of the position. If you are interested in any of the vacancies click on “View” to read the specification.
- If you feel you are well suited for the vacancy, and would like to submit an application you can click “apply” and fill in the application form. You will also be asked to complete a screening questionnaire.
What to remember when using the GPG Professional Job Centre
- In order to apply for vacancies you will need to register a profile on the website.
- Each time you apply for a position you will be required to upload certified copies of documents such as your ID and relevant qualifications. You will also need to bring certified copies of these documents along to the interview if your application is successful.
- Answer all questions with complete honesty.
- If the closing date for a vacancy has passed do not submit an application. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Only apply for a vacancy if you are certain that you need the minimum requirements.
- If you have not received feedback on your application 3 months within 3 months of the closing date you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Some FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
Question: I have applied for many jobs, why am I not getting called for interviews?
Answer: If this is the case there is a good chance that you are either applying for positions that do not suit your skills or experience, or you are quite simply not submitting quality applications. Please check out these CV writing tips to help you prepare a better application in the future.
Question: How can I follow up on my application?
Answer: You can call the GPG Contact Centre and speak to Human Resources. You will be required to give them your application reference number so have this handy. The number to call is 0860 011 000.
Question: How do I know if my application was submitted successfully?
Answer: You will receive a unique reference number for your application. This will be sent either via Email or SMS. Make sure you keep this number safe as it may be needed at a later stage.
Question: Can I submit walk-in applications?
Answer: Yes. There are two walk-in offices available if you do not have internet access. The first PGP Professional Job Centre walk-in facility is located at 77 Fox street Marshalltown, and the second is located at the Thusong Service centre at Maponya Mall.
Question: What if I forget my password to login?
Answer: At the login page simply click on reset password and answer the security question.
Question: What if I forget the answer to my security question?
Answer: At the login page click reset password and then on EMAIL. After providing your Email address your security answer will be sent to your Email.
LEGAL CONTENT DISCLAIMER
The information contained on this website is simply aimed at providing readers with guidance on labour law in South Africa. This information has not been provided to meet the individual requirements of a specific individual. Bizcraft will always suggest that legal advice be obtained to address a person’s unique circumstances. It is important to remember that the law is constantly changing and although Bizcraft strives to keep the information up to date and of high quality, it cannot be guaranteed that the information will be updated and/or be without errors or omissions. As a result, Bizcraft will under no circumstances accept liability or be held liable, for any innocent or negligent actions or omissions which may result in any harm or liability flowing from the use of or the inability to use the information provided.