Bizcraft Blog Home » 12 Shocking Social Media facts and Figures. Number 6 will shock you!

12 Shocking Social Media facts and Figures. Number 6 will shock you!

As all of you know Social Media is huge!

It shapes our opinions, our emotions and even our votes in some cases. Roughly about 15% of the worlds population is currently active on at least 1 of the top 5 social media sites in the world. This has lead to some amazing statistics and facts relating to social media sites and their users. These facts can help you to reassess your social media marketing plans and goals;

These are 12 of our top metrics and facts relating to Social Media.

1) Most companies on Social Media only answer 30% of consumer inquiries coming through social media platforms. This gives your company a fantastic opportunity to really stand out from the crowd by answering all questions and inquiries for your business.

2) Facebooks population is 6.5x larger then the entire United States. Facebook is undoubtedly the largest social media platform with the greatest reach, however choosing the largest platform for your business might not be the correct decision. There are many more factors to consider.

3) Every month 1,6 billion users participate in Facebook groups. This highlights the importance of setting up more then just a business page for your companies Facebook account. Establish an active group as well.

4) 95 Million photos are uploaded to Instagram each day. This is roughly 142500 GB of data uploaded every day!

5) 71% of Instagram users are Millennials or younger. Does this highlight how important picking the right social media platform for your business is?

6) There are about 200k people in the world who own a cell phone but do not own a toothbrush! Yes, that is correct, 3,7 billion people in the world own a cellphone, but only 3,5 billion people own a toothbrush.

7) Every second more then 500 hours of video is added to Youtube. This means that it would take you 4931 years to watch all the content added to Youtube in just one day, but if you don’t have that kind of time then maybe you could get around to watching the content added in just the next minute, this will only take you 3,62 years (This is not stop watching, 24 hours a day of course)

READ  Can your credit report ruin your chances of securing a job?

8) In the USA it costs a company about $5000 /month (R70 000) to have their social media accounts professionally managed. Don’t get a shock the great news is that in South African a company like Bizcraft Digital Solutions can take care of this for you from as little as R4000 /month.

9) 23 % of Facebook users check their FB accounts 5 times or more during the course of the day. This makes FB officially the most addictive social media platform.

10) There are over 40 million active Facebook business pages on the site, however only about 2 million of these businesses use paid advertising on the platform.

11) 189 million of Facebooks monthly users are “mobile only” users. These means that they only ever log into their profile using a mobile device. Does this explain the importance of ensuring your websites design is mobile responsive?

12) Only 9% of companies who have a Blog make use of a full time blogger. The result of this is that the other 91% of companies Blogs are often not maintained correctly or updated with fresh content 2-3 times a week. If you have a Blog on your companies page you should consider hiring a blogger to create great content on a regular basis.

So there we have it, I hope that you have enjoyed this Blog. Please leave a comment below to let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions I would love to answer them.

Get all the best job search advice along with discussions surounding Labour law and work from home / Side hustle ideas.

* indicates required

One comment

  1. Avatar
    strongenough says:

    Wow, fantastic weblog structure! How long have you been running ablog for? you make blogging glance easy. The total glance ofyour web site is wonderful, let alone the content!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *